Data Consultant (US)
This opening is more than 230 days old and is very likely already filled.
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
It’s a hugely exciting time here at Snowplow. Over the last 7 years, we’ve grown to a brilliant 50 person team that is spread out over 14 countries with nearly 150 customers and many, many more open source users, and we’re heading for even bigger and better things, fast.
At Snowplow, we want to empower people to do transformative things using data. We work with companies from around the world to help them better understand their customers and products, and develop a truly data-driven culture.
With an ever-expanding US customer base, we are now looking for a US-based Data Consultant to join our Data Strategy team. You’ll work remotely with the opportunity to travel onsite to our customers, as well as to Europe to meet with the rest of the team & company.
We would love to hear from you if you are excited about working at the interface of technology and people, translating business requirements into technical specifications and then implementing these.
The Opportunity: As a Data Consultant, you’ll be working with companies of all sizes from across different industries on building out their data capability. Through workshops and co-development sessions you’ll understand their use case and business model, design a Snowplow instrumentation that fits it and then work with their data team to implement it.
The role combines a mixture of tactical tasks, such as writing data models and implementing tracking, with more strategic responsibilities, such as helping companies understand what data they need and how they should consume it. As you gain experience and progress within the role, your focus as part of the Data Strategy team broadens and you’ll provide value to our customers throughout their entire Snowplow journey.
The environment you’ll be working in:Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping companies with their data strategy. You’ll help companies architect their cloud data stack and make the organisational changes required to become data-driven business. You’ll also work with them to discover new data use cases, and plan out how to action them.
- Mapping business requirements to data solutions. You’ll work with companies on determining what data they need to collect, and how it will be used. You will organizeThroughworkshops (both onsite and remote) to gain a deep understanding of our customers’ industries and business models, and will be able to best advise them on how to utilise our technology.
- Delivering excellent technical implementations. From designing tracking to developing data models, you’ll work with our customers to ensure they are getting the most value out of our technology.
- Become a Snowplow expert. Through working with the Snowplow team and our customers, as well as attending conferences and events, you’ll become a true Snowplow expert, and develop a thorough understanding of the wider data landscape.
What you bring to the team:
- Analysis is your thing. Ideally, you will possess a degree in an analytical field such as Maths, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar, or have relevant commercial experience.
- You’re not right at the start of your journey. You have experience within consulting, data analysis, data engineering, or similar.
- Learning is COOL. You love working with data and are excited to learn new tools and technologies.
- Time IS your friend. You are highly organised and able to manage your time effectively. Working on implementations for multiple customers at any given time, you are able to coordinate customer interaction and technical delivery.
- You love to explain ideas. You are a clear and confident communicator and are able to explain complex technical principles to people with various technical abilities.
- There is no ‘i’ in team. You have some experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and dependencies on various other teams.
- You have strong technical skills. You are proficient at performing data analysis in spreadsheets or relational databases. Prior experience with SQL is valuable but not necessary.
- Process, process, process. You have a mature attitude to security, documentation and process. Our clients trust us with their data. This is a huge responsibility and informs everything we do.
- You’re a bit of a jet setter. You are willing and able to travel internationally (including to Europe) for work (up to 25% of the time).
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive package including share options
- 23 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- 401(k) and health insurance
- MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (the next one will be in November 2019!)
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation