Inside Sales Representative – Inside Sales (ISR)
Location Our Splunk office in Plano (Plano/Dallas TX)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and expand your sales knowledge and learn from the best? Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and help business think differently? If you answered yes, then we might have a home here for you at Splunk! The Inside Sales Rep (for Named Accounts) will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for Splunk. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell Splunk's award-winning software into well-known brand-named companies. You have a consistent record of selling software or services and you know how to build beneficial, positive relationships with customers.
You will follow up with in-bound leads and status update through the company CRM system as well conduct outbound prospecting and lead generation. You are an expert at qualifying leads and you will schedule product demos for customers.
- Display a real passion for handling accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services. In addition, you will
- Own and run smaller deals with the Sales Engineers
- Accelerate Customer Adoption
- Demand Generation Activities
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Drive Attendance to marketing events
- Develop outbound campaigns to expand within accounts
- User conference coordination efforts
- Partner with a field team (Regional Sales Managers) Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
- Assist field team (Regional Sales Managers) in more complex transactions
- Host/Manage Product Demo’s for customers with Sales Engineer
- End of Quarter support to Regional Sales Managers
You have around 3-4 years of experience in selling enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance). As well as a solid reputation for consultative sales experience and meaningful companies/businesses to think differently and references to back it up.
- You have a reputation for exceeding quota, putting the customer first, and consultative approach
- Previously worked in fast growing software sales company and sold a complex software solution to enterprise companies
- You have developed new business and handled sales cycle, from generating leads through closing deals
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal skills and building relationships
- A logical and analytical thinker and have demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude, strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com
- Extraordinary organizational skills with the shown ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also be a contributing member of a team and share your successes
- Desire to grow within sales field organization
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Able to commute daily to our Plano office (this is not a remote position and we are only able to consider local candidates or candidates willing to relocate on their own).
- Two fully stocked kitchens to make breakfast, lunch, etc.
- Fresh fruit
- Sandwich/salad materials
- A catered lunch & a catered breakfast provided to all employees weekly.
- Included is a 4 th of July summer break and end of the year winter break (holiday break).
- Splunk grants 3 days of paid time off for an employee to volunteer at an organization of their choice, separate from PTO.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk. We look forward to hearing from you.