Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Truck Hero Inc. provides consumers a full range of truck bed covers and other truck and Jeep® accessories with market leading functionality, engineering, quality, and design. The breadth of Truck Hero’s product offering is vast, including hard and soft truck bed covers, truck caps, bed liners, floor liners, steps, suspension kits, Jeep parts and off-road accessories.
Our products enhance the functionality and aesthetics of pickup trucks and Jeeps, while enabling consumers to customize and personalize their vehicle with innovative products born from high-quality materials, superior engineering and cutting-edge manufacturing. Truck Hero is recognized as one of the leaders, by sales, in the pickup truck and Jeep accessory markets.
Our brands include: Extang, Rugged Ridge, TruXedo, BedRug, UnderCover, Advantage, Retrax, BAK Industries, Rugged Liners, Husky Liners, A.R.E., N-FAB, Superlift, Omix-ADA, BACKRACK, and Lund International.
The Senior Copywriter will function as an internal creative partner that creates memorable concepts and writes effective copy for all creative assets, supporting current and future marketing initiatives including video scripts, print ads, socials, ads, web copy, marketing emails, and other digital marketing assets. This role is expected to become a subject matter expert (SME) on the Truck Hero business in order to write informed and compelling content.
- Write creative copy for broadcast, print, video, social, email, web, and other digital mediums. Maintain a unique voice, by Brand, for automotive accessories that is easily understood.
- Edit materials for grammar, style, content, format, organization, and creativity.
- Review content for consistency and compliance with brand standards.
- Adapt and apply writing skills to multiple mediums and various business segments.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Strategists, Content Specialists, Sales Leadership, and Designers to create assets that support the company’s marketing efforts.
- Present content to high-level stakeholders.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to create concepts for current and future brand campaigns.
- Attend kick-off meetings to learn the scope and responsibilities of each project.
- Act as a thought leader by continuously identifying and finding solutions and areas of opportunity.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of industry trends, content strategy, design concepts, marketing principles and practices, and the tools and software utilized on the team.
- Ensure communication content allows for the latest Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) when relevant.
- Revise materials and manuals so they are easily understood; this may include writing about mechanically complex applications to increase instructional efficacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience - Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Writing, or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience is required.
- Experience writing creative copy and scripts is required.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Automotive experience preferred.
- Submission of writing samples is required during application process.
- This is an in-house/on-location role, remote work arrangements will not be considered.
- Less than 5% travel required (day-travel only).
Pay and Benefits
- Truck Hero offers competitive pay and the opportunity for annual increases, based on job performance.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- A matched 401k savings program to plan and save for your retirement
- Paid vacation and time off to ensure time with your family and a work/life balance
- Educational assistance to continue college or pursue other skills and further your career
- Discounts on great Truck Hero products for you, your family, and friends
- Please take a moment to provide us your resume and/or complete our online application. You will quickly receive an acknowledgment that you applied and we will follow up with you again shortly.
- Check us out at www.truck-hero.com!