Content Writer - ELA
IXL's language arts component helps students master grammar, mechanics, vocabulary, and reading comprehension like never before. Students will see their abilities soar as they interact with engaging texts, correct usage errors, and determine the meanings of new words in a variety of contexts.
Engaging language arts questions require engaging languageand that's where you come in. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience in writing original fictional or informational passages for K-12 students.
This is a remote, contract position.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Write sentences, paragraphs, and short passages for use in a wide variety of problem types, including fill-in-the-blank, matching, and multiple choice
- Brainstorm topics to create engaging, varied, age-appropriate sentences, paragraphs, and short passages
- Meet writing specifications and requirements with ingenuity and thoughtfulness
- Adhere to The Chicago Manual of Style and in-house style guide
- Format content according to guidelines
- Accept and implement feedback
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS degree, preferably in English, creative writing, or a related field
- Extremely strong writing ability and grammar knowledge, including a finely tuned sense of written English usage
- Clear, engaging writing style
- Strong understanding of students' reading and knowledge levels in grades K-12
- Demonstrated expertise in ELA content development for grades K-5 is a plus
- Strong critical-thinking, research, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous freelance writing experience is preferred
- Experience using web content management systems and writing in an online format