Senior Director, Field Marketing - Ultrasound (North America)
Job TitleSenior Director, Field Marketing - Ultrasound (North America)
Senior Director, Field Marketing - Ultrasound (North America)
The North America Senior Director of Field Marketing for Ultrasound leads a team of marketing and sales managers that exploit the sales and profit potential of the group's products and solutions. The primary responsibility of the Senior Director is to understand and anticipate customers' needs and strategically position products/solutions to generate demand for the near, mid and long-term. You will enable the Ultrasound Business Group (and specific Business Units (BUs)) to act upon market specific customer insights and competitor strategies as inputs into the product/solution roadmap to extract financial value and brand preference with different customer segments.
You are responsible for:
- Collaborate across markets and BGs/BUs to demonstrate market solutions
- Generate demand in the market
- Identify and act upon cross-sell, up-sell, and service sales opportunities in existing installed base
- Identify new customer leads
- Ensure successful hand-off of leads to campaign management/sales performance center for qualification
- Conduct lead generation and management analytics to continuously improve sources of lead generation (e.g., prioritize trade shows based on lead success rate)
- Build and design campaigns across lifecycle of products (NPI, end of life) to drive profitable growth
- Selects third-party vendors and negotiate contracts to execute campaigns
- Tailors messaging and crafts local value proposition for local market
- Ensures compliance of local marketing materials with regulatory requirements (Q&R review)
- Selects tradeshows, builds road-show schedules (who, what, why) as appropriate and works with local marketing communications and BCD team to execute events that deliver high return on investment
- Develops metrics and measurement tools with Product Manager to evaluate and maximize value of campaigns
- Works with Sales, Training and Business Leaders to develop and execute key training events
- Identifies and leads luminary/reference accounts, in collaboration with PM and coordinates luminary presentations
- Runs user groups, and supports Business marketing with Beta/field test support
- Helps identify and manage relationships with local KOLs, societies, alliances, sponsors and advisory boards.
- Owns the development and implementation of the local marketing plan.
- Provides input into BMC Business planning, in coordination with Market leadership and finance
- Gather local market and customer insights, and feed information back to Market/Business Marketing
- Understands relevant marketing customer segmentation and value proposition, provide feedback on how to tailor to meet specific market needs
- Identifies sub-segments of customers in local market, and codify their needs, and tailor existing value propositions as appropriate
- Identifies and synthesizes industry trends, based on customer and partner interactions; share synthesis with Business Marketing
- Builds strategies for beating competitors using customer and event interactions; Shares synthesis with BIU/Business marketing
- Defines and implements launch strategy for the market including any required localization of positioning, messaging to priority target segments, new segment development initiatives (e.g., customer education seminars, customer presentations, local development and management of luminaries, clinical advocates and reference sites)
- Supports Product Managers in the launch/introduction of new solutions and improvements developed by the Business
- Lead and drive participation in local events and sales presentations
- Own the deal pricing and configuration for sales team
- Support the setting and adjusting of local prices to maximize the deal and minimize the discount
- Provide local market intelligence to assist sales in setting price to meet margin
- Drive communication strategy to filed teams, product to new hire training deployment, and overall market support processes, strategies and procedures
- Responsible for people development, succession planning, hiring and retention for the organization to ensure capable, motivated and engaged staff in all positions
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- MBA or other master’s degree preferred
- Ultrasound Marketing experience highly preferred
- 12+ years in marketing, sales, product development, sales support, or related field
- Experience in high-tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses
- Ability to drive sales and identify local opportunities, interact with decision makers and provide highest-quality leads as a result
- Ability to maintain high motivation in sales force organization
- Validated communication skills and ability to influence colleagues and customers
- Bold and ambitious mind-set
- Collaborative mindset to work with cross-section of sales, marketing, and analytics resources to develop sales development programs
- Ability to collect and synthesize local market trends into actionable input for the sales force
- Ability to understand complex customers, segments and markets
- Effective team leader who can effectively working across organizations, developing and leading cross functional teams
- Validated business insight and discernment, with successful track record of making difficult and competent decisions
- Excellent communication skills, polished presentation skills, and good interpersonal and influence skills
- Validated ability to lead organizational and market change
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)