UDS Systems Engineer - Enterprise (Philadelphia, Remote)
The Unstructured Data Solutions (UDS) Business Unit of Dell EMC pioneer innovations within their product lines which meet the needs of scale-out file/object, software defined storage, and data lake capabilities addressing a myriad of use case spanning edge, to core, to cloud. Our unique business value is the ability to reduce storage costs, increase workflow productivity, increase IT operating leverage, and unlock new revenue potential for our customers.
We seek professionals who have a true passion for technology and take charge making an impact to solve customer needs. Specifically, we seek a Pre-Sales Engineer to service globally dispersed accounts as part of our UDS Specialist Systems Engineer Team. The Pre-Sales Engineer is a highly technical professional possessing in-depth knowledge of the storage industry as well as specialized knowledge of the UNIX and Windows file systems and the IP networking environment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise pertaining to Ethernet based storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, object-based solutions, and competitive storage offerings in the file/object product space. The Pre-Sales Engineer is a partner in the sales process contributing heavily to the creation of sales strategy and tactics. Emphasis is placed on scale-out NAS and scale-out object targeting the creation of a Data Lake creating a file repository as well as an Analytics environment within a Hadoop infrastructure.
Activities include but are not limited to presentations/white boarding, solution demonstrations, account management, assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, timely follow-up to Core Dell EMC and customer inquiries, and building system configurations. The ultimate goals of the Specialist SE are to position the correct solution based on customer requirements and getting the technical win. Post-sales support is typically handled through our Customer Service organization however the Pre-Sales Engineer may be called upon to assist with problem resolution as necessary. Pre-Sales Engineers may also be called on to assist with trade and marketing shows.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Five years minimum experience supporting the sale of enterprise storage, networking, or systems solutions to large enterprise accounts and data centers
- Systems Engineering support for Sales Representatives
- Ability to demonstrate solutions to customers/potential customers as part of a sales campaign
- Ability to support and manage a customer proof-of-concept promoting key feature functionally and/or performance which differentiates Dell EMC from other industry solutions
- Knowledge of industry benchmarking standards and performance tuning/sizing
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentation at a CxO level
- Develop technical solutions to customer business issues including the identification of technologies outside of Dell EMC products and solutions
- Contribute to meeting revenue targets by providing pertinent, timely and on-going customer technical information flow
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Contribute to building 'Best Practices' among peers in sales and systems engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel is required as is access to local locations – A valid driver’s license is required
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Specialized knowledge of UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server, SMB and CIFS file systems
- Ethernet, TCP/IP, general networking knowledge
- Understanding of the architecture, design and implementation of multi-tiered storage solutions
- Knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures
- Isilon Systems solutions
- Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) Systems solutions
- NAS and Object based solutions competitive to Dell EMC
- Back-up, Recovery and Archive technologies
- Hadoop/HDFS knowledge
- Working environments involving Kafka