REMOTE - Scientific Affairs Director
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The Bruker Microbiology and Diagnostic business area covers diverse lines of market-leading products serving microbiology and diagnostic industry, including the MALDI Biotyper, the IR Biotyper, molecular diagnostic kits and antibiotic resistance and specialty susceptibility testing platform. The MALDI Biotyper is a revolutionary product which uses Mass spectrometry to produce rapid, accurate and cost effective bacterial identifications.
The Scientific Affairs Director will be responsible to represent Bruker Microbiology and Diagnostics, scientifically, in the United States, communicate with key opinion leaders in microbiology and reference customers, and drive scientific studies and collaborative efforts in close communication with the M&D headquarters in Bremen. This position will have one direct report.
- Drive Bruker scientific leadership through research, congress symposia, publications, and educational activities
- Cultivate and establish strong collaborative relationships with key opinion and thought leaders
- Manage collaborative studies with key opinion leaders and customers to scientifically promote the M&D products in the US market
- Support clinical studies for regulatory approvals of M&D products in the United States
- Provide scientific, technical expertise to the R&D, Marketing Commercial Operations– for support activities of existing product offerings and identification of new products and their respective development
- Maintain expert working knowledge of the microbiology and infectious disease fields and the technologies and the services provided by Bruker
- Monitor industry developments to assess competitive activity and identify opportunities for future business opportunities
This is a remote position that is ideally located in our Billerica, MA location. Consideration will be given to strong candidates who may be located in other regions and near a major airports.
- Fundamental knowledge about the field of clinical microbiology and trends in the area
- Deep and focused knowledge of the clinical microbiology laboratory, knowledge about food, pharma, environmental or veterinary laboratories are a plus
- Experience scientifically promoting company products and services to a variety of prospects and customers
- Strong verbal, written, and technical presentation skills, including MS Office with advanced Excel applications proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and deliverables
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take ownership of projects assigned by the management team
- Ability to travel on a routine basis and maintain a current Passport/ VISA as required for international travel. Occasional weekend travel will be required. The Scientific Affairs manager must plan and execute individual travel per company travel guidelines and within expense budget objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
- Advanced degree in biological sciences or medical microbiology
Experience working in a microbiology laboratory