IT Helpdesk Support Specialist
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling low-level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver the highest quality customer satisfaction while responding/resolving client service requests.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s operating systems.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Recognize when service requests require escalation to level 2 support technicians.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.