This role will be responsible for various writing tasks related to digital marketing, with a focus on content marketing and search engine optimization. The ideal candidate has a history of writing for humans and robots simultaneously, a knowledge of SEO best practices, and a tendency toward pedantry. The ideal candidate finds the presence of a serial comma in the previous sentence either troubling or appropriate.
This is a full-time position in Northeast Minneapolis.
- Write high-quality copy in a fast-paced team environment, including on-page content, social media content, paid search ads, and more
- Complete qualitative and quantitative content audits
- Develop editorial style guides for clients in collaboration with SEO & content strategists
- Create aspects of a successful website, including headings, product descriptions, blog posts, title tags, meta descriptions, alt attributes and more
- Revise existing content to speak stronger to both users of the site and the search engines that crawl it
- Participate in developing processes to streamline work for the content team and Rocket55 as a whole
- Have a strong understanding of grammar and the mechanics of good writing
- Adapt to the many unique writing styles & brand voices for a variety of clients
- Craft compelling arguments for many different kinds of products and services you aren't familiar with (and be able to research the stuff you don't know)
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing, copywriting, or content creation
- An eye for the symbiotic relationship between words and data
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced, team environment
- Hunger to learn and grow
- Fast learner and receptive to feedback
- High attention to detail and extremely organized
- Ability to multi-task and juggle a variety of priorities at once
- Ability to work cohesively with account managers, strategists, and other subject matter experts
- Enthusiasm for SEO and a desire to continue growing skills and proficiencies
- A four-year degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or another relevant discipline
- Experience in a marketing agency setting
- Comfortable using WordPress and other common Content Management Systems.