Admissions Counselor - SUA I
Lock Haven University invites applications for an Admissions Counselor.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. Applications received by December 16, 2019 will be given full consideration.
The Admissions Counselor will be reporting to the Executive Director of Admissions.
The Admission Counselor recruits students by developing networks, planning recruiting events, and carrying out outreach activities.
This position requires extensive overnight travel, as well as evening and weekend work hours.Essential Duties
- Plans, conducts, and evaluates a market-oriented strategic plan for extensive travel
- Recruits students by visiting high schools and attending college fairs
- Interviews students, conducts group presentations, and arranges campus visits and tours
- Counsels prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the University
- Responds to admission inquiries via phone and email
- Conducts follow-up activities such as letter writing and phone calling campaigns
- Completes projects by identifying and utilizing new technology and resources
- Assists prospective students with the application and enrollment processes
- Follows up on student inquiries via written and oral communication
- Provides basic assistance on issues of prerequisite requirements, course registration, and program goals
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Admissions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license required
- ACT 34 clearance required
- Possess the energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Ability to work evenings and weekend hours when necessary
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations for extended periods of time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with potential students, university faculty, and staff
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction and motivation
- Experience coordinating programs
- Proficiency with technology including: Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of social media tools and outreach techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to drive long distances and stand for long periods of time
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates should submit a letter of application, detailed resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references through the online application process. Please do not submit personal references.
Submission of official transcripts is required prior to final hiring.
The successful candidate will also have to complete a background investigation as a condition of employment.
In accordance with Act 153 of 2014 (HB 435), appointment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, Act 34, Pennsylvania Criminal Record Clearance; Act 151, Child Abuse Clearance; and Act 114, Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Checks.
Appointment is provisional for a single 90 day period provided the “Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form” and verification of your application for the three background checks are returned to Deana Hill, Associate VP for Human Resources.
Lock Haven University is profoundly dedicated to cultural diversity and supports the integration of diverse and international perspectives within the working and learning environment. LHU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. To learn more about diversity at LHU and in our community, visit our website at http://lockhaven.edu/hr/socialequity.html
A career at Lock Haven University (LHU) is a distinctly unique and exciting opportunity. We encourage and support diversity and international perspectives within the working and learning environment.LHU is located in central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River and the picturesque Bald Eagle Mountains. LHU is one of fourteen universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).