Graphic Artist/Web Designer
We are looking for a graphic artist to join our team of web and app developers for client projects ASAP! Please note this is not a web design gig, but first and foremost an opportunity for artists and graphic artists who will be working on web and mobile mediums.
Ideally, you have a deep passion for art and/or graphic design, with a killer portfolio (please send website links) to show. We're beginning with a contract position to vet initial candidates, and will pay you for this test phase.
We have a web design system we work out of to help speed up the structural elements, but would be looking to you to help guide the user experience to best suit the visuals/art you have in mind.
You will have a copywriter assisting on your projects so that your visuals support the language on the site or app.
- Responsibilities for Graphic Designer
- Create and design various materials for digital collateral from scratch / freehand to start before working from a tool like Illustrator, etc.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Establish creative direction for the client and advise on brand-fit
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Perform retouching and manipulation of imagesQualifications for Graphic Designer (preferred, but a strong portfolio and references can negate most of this)
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
- Strong familiarity with the use of color in brands and projects for the web and color theory
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Austin, TX (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Please put the link to your portfolio website here:
- 2 months or less
- Fully Remote
- One location
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative