Digital Copy Writer
Working as part of a cross-functional, creative team, the Digital Copy Writer plays an integral role in helping our Paid Digital, Inbound, Marketing, Research, Strategy, and Creative teams with a variety of projects that require creatively written content. While this role will be largely focused on producing story-driven digital ad copy for paid media, responsibilities will extend to developing creative content across landing pages, campaigns, and media scripting for clients as well as crafting internal marketing materials.
The Digital Copy Writer has a passion for understanding the client and consumer and creating original and personified content that unites them. They are comfortable working on both technical and highly conceptual creative writing projects designed to tell a story and inspire engagement. Their writing style moves beyond a news-oriented approach and into the realm of the creative, compelling, and persuasive. The Digital Copy Writer will work in our office in Westford, Massachusetts, in close partnership with our Digital teams and remote staff.
Paid Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Ads)
- Audit, evaluate, and distill complex messaging and brand strategy so it can be translated into persuasive digital advertising copy
- Write ad copy for Google Search ads, Display ads, social media advertising, and LinkedIn InMail that is creative and compelling, adhering to digital marketing best practices.
- Produce strategic, inspired, well-written paid media content and social marketing campaigns that align with clients’ branding and style guidelines as well as their goals and objectives
- Write conversion-optimized, story-driven copy for client landing pages
- Write short-form copy for company’s proprietary tool that provides dynamic copy for client websites
- Contribute to company-initiated narratives in print, digital, social, audio, and video platforms
- Support internal marketing projects that may include crafting sales emails and brochures, website content, RFP responses, and case studies
Research, Strategy, and Creative
- Effectively translate a client’s unique personality into compelling storytelling content across marketing campaigns and multichannel collateral
The Digital Copy Writer must possess a wide range of abilities, including:
- A passion for creative content and original expression
- Demonstrable strengths in creative writing, with samples available to review
- Clear, consistent, and grammatically sound writing skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in adhering to style guides, brand standards, and digital ad best practices
- The ability to understand the needs of clients, consumers, and target audiences
- The resilience to work across a number of projects and balance a workload
The Digital Copy Writer must hold at least a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field. Digital advertising agency experience is preferred. Experience in marketing, communications, or a related industry is mandatory. A personal portfolio of creative writing samples is required. A preference will be made to candidates with a digital creative writing portfolio.
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We are an equal opportunity employer who believes passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and résumé, please email [email protected] No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie Dartlet is an equal opportunity employer.