Here at Kasa, we are building a global, flexible living brand to fit the needs of the modern traveler. We are creating a new kind of hospitality company, with refined units in beautiful luxury apartment buildings, welcoming our guests with the comfort of stylish, thoughtful furnishings, top-notch building amenities, and personalized service.
We are expanding rapidly and looking to hire an energetic, positive, and detail-oriented team member to help lead our expansion into new markets.
- The Junior Copywriter is focused on making sure our guests receive detailed and easy-to-follow check-in instructions when they arrive at our properties. Sound easy? We thought so too, but things can get complicated when there are different instructions for parking, arriving via Uber/Lyft, etc.
- We’re looking for someone who loves traveling. Expect to spend 80-90% of your time on the road. You’ll be visiting a new state each week, so a love of travel is critical!
- Work with our logistics coordinators and onsite project managers to ensure all critical operation-specific information is provided in a timely manner.
- Develop our internal “Operations Guides” for our guest experience team to answer critical guest-related questions by meeting with leasing office staff and researching information online.
- Develop templates, tools to simplify and improve our instructions and operations guides by reading articles, how-to guides, books, etc. and looking for other examples of great check-in instructions.
- Work with our marketing and property listings team to improve the copy on our website, Airbnb/Booking.com listings, and any other external-facing copy.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Organization Skills: At any one time, you could be managing instructions for 4-5 different projects. You need to be highly organized (think inbox-zero) and be able to prioritize projects based on levels of urgency.
- Attention to Detail: If instructions are written incorrectly, our guests can get locked out of their apartments, get their car towed, or have to call our guest experience team to figure out where to go. The instructions need to be perfect from the beginning.
- Empathy: Being able to empathize with our customers is huge. It’s important to be able to put yourself in their shoes and ask: “What would I want to know if I was arriving to this property for the first time?” And communicating that information to the guests through your copy is essential.
- Self-Motivated: Since we’re a fast-growing startup and you’ll be working remotely, we need someone who can get things done without a lot of given direction.
- Excited to travel: expect to spend 80-90% of your time on the road. You’ll be visiting a new state each week, so a love of travel is critical!
- Proven working experience with technical writing is highly desired. During the interview process, we’ll have you complete a project similar to what you’ll be doing in the real job!
- We are based in San Francisco, but this position can be based anywhere. Must be self-motivated and comfortable working remotely.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and processes and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Photography skills
- Experience with copywriting for user interfaces and web copywriting
- Re-write this job post, make it much better, and attach with your application : )
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Technical Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off