Associate Technical Support Engineer
This opening is more than 186 days old and is very likely already filled.
Job DescriptionSource Support’s relentless goal is to provide world-class support to enterprise IT customers & partners by creating undeniable client value. Technical Support (TS) Engineers handle support cases for datacenters ranging from basic user issues to break/fix field event management using contracted resources.
Success requires responsiveness, disciplined self-direction, ability to effectively multi-task, follow-through, clear communication and skill to manage customer situations often under tight deadlines. Expect regular interaction with customers, team members, field engineers (FEs), sales associates and others. Focus is to resolve issues swiftly, professionally and with a keen sense of quality and the customer experience.
We support a broad, diverse set of customers. TS Engineers are responsible to develop a deep technical understanding of customer products and pursue excellence in executing all Source customer processes to meet their requirements. It is important to clearly document workflow activities as they occur so customers are able to monitor case progress. Additionally, Source persistently pursues continuous improvement. Everyone is expected to strive for improvement individually and as a team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Quick & efficient responses to customer/partner requests for technical support
• Directing the diagnosis & workflow of each service event to ensure successful conclusion
• Adhering to established procedures & protocols to ensure superior customer satisfaction
• Modeling responsiveness & integrity in all customer communications
• Accurately documenting, tracking & monitoring cases to ensure timely resolution
• Contacting, vetting, securing & working with the chosen FE to successfully execute each field event
• Seeking aid & help from SOC staff as needed
• Escalating to SOC management and partners per established procedures
• Working with the SOC to accomplish assigned goals & objectives
• Actively participating in the shift rotation including weekends, after hours & holidays as needed
• Performing other duties and projects as assigned
Education & Experience:
• Associate degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 2+ years working in a customer-facing support role dealing with enterprise IT customers
• Hands-on experience debugging various systems
• CompTIA A+, Server+ and Network+ certifications
• Completion of CompTIA Storage+ course is a bonus
• Maintaining compliance in the Source Academy
Required Technical Skills:
• Solid technical & process troubleshooting skills
• Strong technical aptitude paired with ability & desire to quickly learn new technologies
• Experience supporting major IT infrastructure environments (Dell, Supermicro, HP & IBM) including servers, storage systems, networking & virtual servers.
• Comfortable troubleshooting BIOS, firmware, motherboards, PCI cards, cables and RAID configurations
• Troubleshooting & administration experience in at least 1 operating system including Windows Server, Linux & VMware.
• Understanding of mid-enterprise level data center communication with vendors and clients by phone and in-person
• Log gathering experience
• Understanding of remote troubleshooting techniques and tools
• Case management experience in Salesforce Service Cloud preferred
• Familiarity with HPC & clustered environments is a bonus
Required Soft Skills:
• Dedication and focus on customer satisfaction and follow-through
• Strong phone presence coupled with outstanding customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task & thrive in fast-paced environment
• Patience in dealing with stress and challenging situations
• Experience, judgment and drive to plan, make decisions and accomplish individual & team goals
• Excellent teamwork aptitude and skills
• Strict attention to detail especially in following case process documentation
• Good writing skills to create relevant, succinct case notes
• Strong computer skills including typing accurately while on the phone to capture required case information
• Organized with demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and solve problems
• Manage all internal & external interactions in a professional and courteous manner