Principal Product Marketing Manager
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
The Couchbase Server Database Product Marketing Manager candidate will have real-world experience with enterprise databases, scalable cloud architectures, application development, analytics, business intelligence or other market-defining technologies (IoT, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, etc.). The role requires strong technical, analytic, writing and communication skills and candidates must be able to assimilate new concepts and technology quickly and
articulate its advantages and business value concisely. The Couchbase Server Database Product Marketing Manager will be the outward facing champion of Couchbase’s flagship product. This is a high profile role that requires frequent interaction with sales, customers, engineering, and Couchbase executives. This individual will be responsible for a range of outbound marketing activities focused on articulating both the technologic and business values of the product in order to increase its adoption in an extremely competitive marketplace. Continue to grow your career with our disruptive product set of today with your eyes on tomorrow.
- Creation of strategic sales tools including presentations, demonstrationsand competitive product positioning for use by Couchbase’s direct sales force and partners
- Creating product collateral, evaluation guides, and white papers about relevant technology and business issues for Couchbase developers and architects
- Developing cost-effective lead generation campaign programs including messaging, long-form content, follow-up tactics, and promotions
- Launching new products to sales, marketing, customers, prospects, press and analysts
- Researching industry segments, use cases, and business functions where Couchbase technology can have a significant impact
- Coordinating and communicating Go-To-Market needs with product management, engineering, developer advocacy, documentation and services groups
- Building relationships with software developers, open-source evangelists and database and mobile application designers
- Led feature launches autonomously and contributed to large product launches
- Experience with Java, Scala, Hadoop, Python, Open Source software and cloud-managed services
- 5+ years experience in same or similar role working directly with databases
- Bachelors degree in applicable database, computer science or networking disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Incredible organizational skills including project management
- Have strong product instincts and technical curiosity that translate to clear packaging, positioning, and messaging
- Thrive in cross-functional environments and can effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and teams to play to win together
- Approach all projects with a customer-first mindset to make tomorrow better than today
Modern applications require a level of flexibility, agility, and cost-effective scaling that simply can’t be delivered in a rigid, complex, and expensive relational database environment. Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase offers robust capabilities for business-critical enterprise applications on a highly scalable and available NoSQL platform, built on open standards to simplify the transition from legacy databases. Our geo-distributed database provides unmatched developer agility, manageability, and performance at any scale from any cloud to the edge for business-critical applications.
Couchbase’s mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we’ll take on the next great challenge together.