Junior SEO Strategist
Full-time position in our Columbus, Ohio office.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Blue Laser Digital is a full-service web design and digital marketing agency that specializes in responsive website design and development. Founded in 2000, we’ve been on the scene since the Digital Stone Age. We are a group of creative digital nerds that know how to balance our work with fun.
We are looking for a Junior SEO Strategist to join our growing digital marketing team in Columbus, Ohio. The Junior SEO Strategist will support our Senior SEO Strategist by contributing to strategy development and carrying out day-to-day SEO tasks.
This individual will work directly with our marketing team, designers, and developers and report to the Senior SEO Strategist.
- Assist in planning, developing, and executing SEO strategies that optimize organic search and maximize ROI on paid ads for Blue Laser Digital and our clients
- Analyze web traffic and user behavior with Google Analytics, Search Console, and other third-party tools
- Help our Senior SEO Strategist create SEO audits and monthly progress reports for clients, highlighting KPIs and explaining strategy
- Work closely with our agency’s Senior SEO Strategist and Copywriter to help develop content strategy, conduct keyword research and create content calendars
- Implementing linking strategy for clients
- Manage disavow and reconsideration requests
- Implement schema markup and rich snippets
- Assist our Senior SEO Strategist with other tasks as needed
- Stay updated on SEO best practices and digital marketing trends
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 1-3 years of SEO experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Basic understanding of updated on-page and off-page optimization techniques
- Comfortable in a client-facing environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to contribute to new process development
- Self-starter, comfortable being proactive, not afraid to step outside the box
- Up-to-date on current SEO best practices
- You’re fun, awesome, and weird!
- Competitive salary
- Flex time
- 18 days PTO + holidays
- Optional health insurance
- Work-from-home as needed
- Free Arena District parking