Social Media Specialist
The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers and portable and stationary concrete batch plants, and field services vehicles and truck mounted cranes. This segment consists of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Assists and coordinates the corporate marketing communications for the products and services of McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing. Advances the online and offline marketing presence for McNeilus through development of the corporate website, marketing materials, and social media tools. Implement branding standards by preparing a variety of graphic design and layout work for the preparation of advertisements, sales materials, brochures, e-newsletters, electronic and printed materials. Other responsibilities may be assigned, as well. This position will be located in Dodge Center, MN but open to remote work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and updating of sales tools, documents, and other marketing collateral for training and improvement of the sales process
- Assist with the execution and analysis of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Assist in developing, coordinating and executing all activities related to online and social media initiatives - including engagement, moderation, escalations, notifications, etc.
- Assist in maintaining, updating, and improving the McNeilus Companies and Ecommerce websites
- Develop marketing calendar to coordinate efforts with seasonal trends and other organizational marketing initiatives
- Design, launch, and analyze email campaigns with heavy emphasis on customer segmentation strategy
- Assist in tradeshow coordination and execution, including order preparation and tracking of show services, labor and materials, production of exhibit manuals/materials/layouts, booth set-up, show vehicle transportation, and other tasks.
- Coordinate photography and video shoots, as well as photography and video requests from internal and external customers
- Assist in the development and maintenance of competitive intelligence database to provide competitive intel for sales and marketing purposes
- Assist in managing and selecting promotional merchandise for the McNeilus online store and special orders
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and provide appropriate updates
- Willing to travel 20% (i.e. visit photo shoots, attend trade shows and visit vendors)
- Associates degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant field
- Internship or 1 year of relevant experience
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to pay close attention to multiple details
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5 or later
- Experience in Social Media platforms
- Ability to demonstrate experience with media tools and interacting with online community tools such as forums, blogs, user- generated content, etc.
- Experience in desktop publishing/graphic and web design
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.