Customer Communications Writer
Twilio is looking for an experienced writer for the creation of content specific to customer communications. This candidate will support our efforts in creating succinct and timely customer communications that express Twilio’s empathy for our customers and ensure these communications align with our core values – to always “wear the customer’s shoes”. This person will empower our customers with the action-oriented, real-time set of messages they need to optimize the work they do leveraging the Twilio platform.
- Demonstrates strong writing skills and is able to translate complex technical concepts into easy to understand language and shorter form messages that create certainty out of ambiguity
- Can quickly synthesize the topic at hand, ask the necessary questions to get the core information a customer would need and draft copy with a very fast turnaround.
- Has 4-5 years experience in writing customer-facing messages and/or documentation in a technical domain
- Loves to collaborate with a diverse, cross-functional team and work toward common goals
- Is passionate about providing high-quality content and the importance of delivering timely, empathetic messages
- Experience adapting a style guide to ensure consistency of voice and communication quality across multiple content types
- Enjoys working in a technical, fast-paced environment and an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines
Twilio is improving the quality of the communications we share with our growing community of customers and developers that span the globe. These include messages from Twilio to customers about product, policy or standards changes that require customer action, along with other changes that impact their service and/or their account. You’ll get to play a part in shaping how we communicate with our customers to help spread the Twilio Magic. Time commitment needed to start is 20 hours a week with the potential to increase.