Deskside Support (Contract)
The IT Deskside Support Technician will work in an extremely fast paced environment supporting 4000+ users globally, both locally and via remote offices. Daily responsibilities include the imaging, encrypting, deploying, and asset tracking of every corporate laptop. Along with primarily focusing on deployment projects, it is essential that the following responsibilities are covered and considered a subsequent job function. The Deskside Technician will be responsible for completing (resolving) tasks, requests, or issues that are assigned to them. This includes strong written and verbal communication, solid hardware/software troubleshooting for common desktop issues, and a customer focused mentality. Along with the success of our deployment project, our overall goal is to provide a world class customer support experience that is hyper focused on efficiently resolving technical support issues with a smile.
- Build, configure, support and troubleshooting hardware and software issues on laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and network printers to resolution
- Interact with customers at all levels of the company, including VIPs.
- Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication skills (to internal team/customer/external facing audience)
- Ability to respond positively in stressful situations to difficult customers
- Reimage laptops/desktops, backup user’s data, migrate users and reconfigure users’ custom settings
- Assists with IT projects including real estate projects
- Maintain and update inventory in asset tracking system
- Provide end-user training as needed
- Available for after-hours support for technical assistance, project and special events (if needed)
- 1+ years more years of desktop support experience in an environment with Windows (10) and Mac (OSX/Sierra) operating systems
- Extensive professional experience with troubleshooting hardware and software issues on laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and network printers
- Ability to work with customers at all levels of the company, including VIPs.
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and resolve assigned tickets.
- Follows established procedures to process service requests and troubleshoot incidents to either resolve or escalate outside the IT HelpDesk team, according to service level guidance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ITIL Certifications are a bonus!