Network Field Engineer
This position is contract to direct after 6 months located in Troy Mi. Pay for the 6 months will be around $30/hr. Monday through Friday. No weekends. You will either work out of the client location or at the main office in Troy
The Level 2/Field Technician is responsible for onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science, or a related field.
- 3 years of IT experience.