Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development and data science, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
New York City, New York
As Marketing Director of New Programs, you will drive demand generation programs for all of our new programs; defining go-to-market playbook(s), managing marketing spend, improve lead to enrollment funnel, and develop campaigns that drive application volume and enrollments.
Specifically, you will coordinate marketing launches across marketing and design teams to ensure successful launches for our all new programs. You will be responsible for the performance of all launches through at least the first year of launch. You will build on initial outcomes and expand your impact, helping launch initiatives into new channels that suit the needs of each program.
The right candidate for this role will have a history of designing and implementing projects and campaigns from start to finish, experience being part of growth teams, and experience managing or leading a team as well as strong stakeholder management skills.
Within 1 Month, You Will
- Meet 1:1 with all members and agencies within the growth marketing and brand teams
- Manage the relationship with our digital agency and begin management of other team members
- Begin defining the go-to-market strategy for new programs
- Take part in team planning and retrospective meetings
- Spend time getting to know your remote peers over video calls
- Finalize the launch strategies for the 3 newest programs, with a focus on lead and enrollment generation
- Use data and metrics to report on the results of growth efforts and use what is learned to adjust and plan future work
- Report on top level performance across paid, affiliate, and organic channels
- Manage competing priorities while focusing on value delivery
- Receive regular performance feedback from your manager and peers
- Develop a career growth plan and goals with your manager
- Deliver an optimized go-to-market strategy to use as a baseline for all new program launches. While this baseline should be used for all launches, there should be unique features to specific launches based on the program type.
- Have strategic growth processes down to a science for common occurrences like testing new channels or growing into current ones
- Standardize and document operating procedures
- Invest in additional hires to own or contribute to areas that need support
- Invest in a culture of accountability by holding yourself and your peers to high standards.
- Meet your peers face-to-face at "Weekful", our annual all-company retreat.
- 8+ years experience with a proven track record of success leading a Marketing Department
- Background growing cross-channel partnerships for a scaling company
- Ability to deliver strategic guidance to senior management with regards to forecasting, budget planning, and resourcing
- Has participated in the hiring process for new team members, grown existing teams, and been assigned direct reports.
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered for individuals and meaningfully covered for families
- 401k plan options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Expand your skills with free Thinkful courses and a Mentor, plus discounts for friends and family
- Commuter Benefits Card via WageWorks
- Paid Parental Leave
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you're talented and driven, please apply.