Remote Customer Service Manager
Virtual Customer Service Manager
At Wayfair, we care about our customers! Our award-winning Customer Service Team balances technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. From the time the customer orders with Wayfair through delivery to their home, our team works to make it easier than ever to shop for the home. The Customer Service Team works proactively in a fast-paced environment to monitor customer orders and ensure a seamless delivery to the customer. In the event a customer should contact our support team via phone, email, chat, social media, or in other ways, we empower our Customer Service Team to resolve the issue. We are passionate about our customers and work to delight them on every interaction with Wayfair. As the Virtual Customer Service Manager, you are responsible for coaching and developing a team of 15-18 virtual front-line customer service consultants and improving operational efficiency through process improvement.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of 15-18 virtual customer service consultants at varying skill levels.
- Supervise customer service consultants answering calls, emails and/or chats from customers seeking assistance with post-order issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, delivery status and back order inquiries.
- Make recommendations and / or takes corrective action to manage performance as appropriate.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Senior Leadership to address and resolve employee issues.
- Virtually interview and recommend candidates for hire.
- Be an integral part of the disciplinary and termination process
- Review time off requests as appropriate to match staffing level requirements.
- Conduct observations and quality assurance (call monitoring) reviews.
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution.
- Provide back-up support by taking calls during staffing shortages, high volume activity or as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Company and/or your director or manager.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years leadership experience.
- 1+ years leading a virtual team (Please note examples in resume).
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results of their team.
- Must be analytical and able to use data and metrics to drive the performance of their team.
- Proven ability to close performance gaps.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced virtual environment.
- Must be flexible with scheduling - this role is a full time, salaried position and works in a busy virtual in-bound call center environment.
- Managers are expected to work 4-week days and 1 weekend shift per week.
- A college degree is preferred or equivalent job-related experience in similar CS management roles.
- A competitive spirit and desire to succeed as well as the ability to motivate and drive the performance of their entire team.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, computer screen, telephone headset, and telephone system.