Writer / Storyteller
_ Writer / Storyteller for The Recycling Partnership_
Location: Remote location, anywhere in the U.S.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Responsible for: Telling compelling stories about the amazing work we are doing every day to transform recycling for good
WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership was created with a clear, bold vision: transform recycling across America by making it is as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away. Through leading partnerships, we create thriving community recycling systems. Since 2015, we have achieved year over year growth and are regarded as a leader within the recycling industry as well as the broader sustainability and circular economy networks.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity and continual learning that doesn’t just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.
HOW WE WORK:
- Focused on transforming recycling for good across the United States with a focus on mission and measurement of our impact.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well With Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self and finally, Take Time to Reflect and Dream.
- Always remain employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
Over the next 5 years, The Communications and Marketing team’s activities and resources will be focused on delivering five strategic goals:
- We will continue to support our employees and value their role as individual leaders within the organization.
- We will advise communities, funding partners, and ourselves on best management practices for digital and traditional media and marketing, social media, web strategy and storytelling.
- We will report quarterly on our efforts and tell our successes and lessons learned.
- We will advise TRP staff on best paths forward on messaging, public facing materials, events and strategies.
- We will have 3 to 5 major wins per year in the marketing, public relations, storytelling and digital/social spaces.
The Storyteller is a critical member of the TRP Communications & Marketing Team. The Storyteller should be a self-starter, effective listener, persuasive writer, creative, and visionary who is passionate about finding creative and innovative ways [through traditional and digital channels] to tell TRP’s story along with the story of collaborating with our partners nationwide. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
The Storyteller is responsible for assisting the Director of Communications with planning for, telling, promoting, measuring and evaluating TRP stories.
Success for this position looks like:
- Assisting the marketing and communications team with creating case studies and telling our community stories to our community and brand audiences.
- Writing and assisting TRP team members with writing three to five blogs monthly
- Working with the marketing and communications team to tell TRP’s story visually
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB:
Storytelling (90 %)
- Creating case studies working with the Director of Communications and the Community Engagement team about our community work based on wrap reports, discussions with team members and interviewing community coordinators
- Write blog posts every week in accordance with editorial calendar under the direction of the Director of Communications
- Assist in the creation of video scripts, infographics and other visual elements that enhance the internal and external TRP culture and brand
- Review documents including reports, talking points and others for TRP team members from a copyediting perspective
Administrative (10 %)
- Attend all team meetings digitally and in-person
- Manage all expenses, business logistics for travel, and workspace
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree.
- 5 to 7 years-experience in writing, journalism, or other forms of storytelling and project management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work together in collaboration as a team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Monday to Friday