Director of Operations - Eastern United States (Remote)
This opening is more than 211 days old and is very likely already filled.
Job DescriptionUnder the direction of the Sr. Director of Operations, the Director Operations is responsible for the leadership, operational and financial oversight of their assigned communities and team to achieve company goals. The Director of Operations has primary responsibility and oversight of a portfolio of properties and directly coordinates management of the assigned Community Directors. This position may work from a home office, or office out of one of our properties or regional offices.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform all tasks typically associated with managing staff such as, recruit, hire, train, coach, evaluate and discipline, up to and including termination of direct reports. Ensures the Community Director and are satisfactorily leading his/her team to meet the goals and expectations set forth.
- Serve as Hunt’s liaison with the Government and maintains an open line of communication with the local and other Government entities as necessary.
- Work as operational liaison between Senior Director of Operations and Community Director.
- Manage operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, practices, and policies of the company.
- Sets specific goals for each property to ensure maximum focus and motivation for the team.
- Implement and follow up on company initiatives designed to ensure sustainability of the projects.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Operations to improve processes and management methods to generate above budgeted NOI.
- Provide mentoring and empower site teams to operate independently, utilizing corporate support as needed.
- Assist Sr. Director of Operations with oversight and confirm Capital Projects are being completed in accordance with the approved budget.
- Mentor Community Directors in preparing annual operating capital budgets in coordination with the Sr. Director of Operations.
- Participate in all property reporting requirements, both internal and external (i.e. DOD reports, Hunt board reports, Lender reports, etc.).
- Work with Community Director and Assistant Director of Operations (if applicable) in the coordination and development of Annual Business Plans to present to Sr. Director of Operations.
- Review, analyze, and interpret current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implement short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals.
- Conduct property inspections and take appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, general appearance, and appeal.
- Provide professional representation to command, housing, and other external parties both on and off site while representing Hunt Military Communities.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ensures team is managing all resident requests according to policies/procedures, and complaints are resolved in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Oversee the implementation, execution, and maintenance of resident retention programs.
- Evaluate trends in resident turnover and recommend operational changes when improvement is necessary.
- In partnership with SDO, participates in the creation of the annual budget for portfolio.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and guide a portfolio to perform to financial goals/budget. (i.e., income, expenses, and budgets).
- Reviews monthly variance reports and narratives with Community Directors.
- Approves invoices for payment when required due to parameters, and reviews and approves expense reports of direct reports.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and all applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; providing both positive and corrective reinforcement; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Property Management, or other related discipline preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Six to seven years’ previous multi-unit property leasing oversight experience or applicable skills.
- Three to four year’s previous experience managing others.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Previous experience with YARDI is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO) certification or Accredited Residential Management (ARM) certification highly preferred. Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization as well as working with the military community and the military command.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Company DescriptionHunt employs over 1,500 direct employees among 46 offices nationwide. Hunt Companies’ broader platform (including affiliates) employs over 6,000 additional employees across 80 offices in the United States. In addition to tremendous opportunities for growth and development in your chosen career path, you will also gain invaluable experience working with one of the premier real estate services companies in the United States.
As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.