Allegany Co-op Insurance Company (a member of Allegany Insurance Group) is the emblem of stability, security, and integrity and has been serving the Property & Casualty insurance needs of our policyholders since 1887. The Company has proudly received an “A” rating from A.M. Best for more than 25 years.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for offering leadership, support and guidance to the Marketing Team, and the promotion of Allegany products to independent agent sales force and maintenance of positive company/agency relationships. Responsibilities also include the planning and execution of marketing campaigns to generate new business and enhance retention of existing business. The Marketing Manager will serve as key contact for Agent’s Advisory Board.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and manage the Marketing Team.
- Maintain high-level focus on state and industry issues to help guide marketing decision-making.
- Develop strong “partnering” relationship with assigned agencies through visits and other forms of communication.
- Plan, organize and execute marketing and sales programs.
- Member of Leadership Team who participates in discussions on company-wide operation issues, challenges and strategic direction.
- Determine with Executive Management an annual budget based on company forecasts and plans. Oversee Marketing Department budget to ensure value received on monies spent.
- Determine reactions to industry trends, agent feedback/relations, competition information and business opportunities and report to company personnel on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Assumes ownership and successfully completes projects on time that are assigned in the Corporate Plan.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products.
- Manage Rollout of new products and technical initiatives to the agency plant.
- Manage agency appointment process.
- Assist in prioritization of corporate resources to maximize growth and retention.
- Design and implement strategies to improve Allegany’s position within agencies.
- Implement and manage a Social Media strategy.
- Maintain and oversee updates to an agency intelligence database.
- Manage external agency communication strategy.
- Track agency production and loss information and communicate to agencies.
- Manage and maintain the agency contract and profit-sharing agreement.
- Report details of agency visits using insurance processing system.
- High school diploma; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Continue advancement in insurance knowledge and current industry trends through designation coursework such as INS, AIS, CPCU, CIC, CPIA and seminars.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Location: Cuba, New York / Remote availability
- Job Status: Full Time, Exempt
- Work Schedule: Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Salary: BOE
Allegany Co-op Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift