National Title Underwriter
New York based Title Insurance Agent seeks individual to join our National Commercial Transaction Group. This position entails analyzing land-title examinations, reviewing insurance commitments, preparing policies and coverage endorsements. This position also involves working collaboratively within our organization, as well as with our customers, outside law firms, commercial lenders and commercial real estate firms. The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of national commercial title insurance underwriting; experience with commercial real estate closings is preferred. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, an excellent work environment and the ability to work remotely- allowing us to pull from the best talent across the country. Interested candidates, please submit your resume.
The individual in this role will manage transactions for efficient and successful closings from production through underwriting clearance and escrow closing for single and multi-site national commercial real estate, for while providing customers and title and escrow staff with timely answers to title underwriting and escrow issues. The ability to work cooperatively with client, counsel, other in-house professionals, underwriters and escrow team is a must.
- Manage transactions for efficient and successful closings
- Monitor/prioritize work tasks and timely assign work product for distribution to necessary teammates to ensure high individual and team productivity levels
- Track commitment production by managing staff and production workflow
- Initiate coverage requests with underwriters pursuant to correspondence with transaction parties, analyzing and presenting these requests to state and regional underwriting counsel
- Determine available affirmative coverage in the form of policy endorsements; collaborate with local offices and in-house staff underwriters to review ALTA/ASCM surveys and raise appropriate exceptions to title
- Collect and review clearance documents to remove encumbrances and exceptions to title policy
- Review organizational documents of corporations, LLCs, partnerships and trusts to confirm validity and mitigate potential authority issues
- Coordinate preparation and revision of proforma Loan and Owner's Policies and endorsements, as applicable and available pursuant to ALTA and jurisdictional requirements
- Confirm property taxes, transfer taxes, transfer forms, mortgage taxes and withholding requirements for each transaction
- Work with escrow officer to oversee closing and confirm clearance requirements have been met
- Ensure recordability and insurability of transfer and financing instruments, record documents at closing, issue final title policies