HDS Staff Software Engineer
Role Summary: The HDS Software Engineer has responsibilities for designing and programming of new software development essential to GEHC digital connectivity service growth. This individual will be responsible for maintaining and improving persistent connectivity, and driving remote service capabilities within the regions through globalized technology projects.
This is a remote position that may be located anywhere within the United States.
- Application Development (Java/JEE, scripting, and databases) and maintaining design specifications in compliance with GEHC's Quality Management System.
- Establish strong relationships with regional connectivity - identify, develop and share best practices for remote tools and remote operations processes in the regions for different modalities/products.
- Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release; and deployment processes.
- Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
- Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
- Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
- Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus.
- Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on multiple modules and guide junior team members
- Lead global program design, development and deployment of software
modules/components/subsystems, in a fast paced development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
Compliance Specific Goals: (if necessary)
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance trainings within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
- Comply with the Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Complete all mandatory EHS training.
- Actively participate in accident & incident investigation and follow up.
- Maintain defined levels of housekeeping & ensure a clean, clear workplace and participate in EHS inspections. Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Engineering degree or equivalent (Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications, Information Technology).
- 5 years of experience in object oriented design methodology and various programming languages/platforms, including Java/JEE, scripting, reporting tools and databases.
- Experience and knowledge of remote connectivity operations processes and procedures.
- Networking experience; especially on enterprise B2B solutions.
- Strong performance history in software application development projects, working with global teams.
- Good analytical and communication skills, ability to develop relationship with a multinational, virtual and multifunctional teams.
- Creative mindset with ability to come up with ideas for continuous improvement and technology evaluation.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- 5 years experience preferably in remote connectivity and healthcare sector service.
- Good knowledge of local area networks, internet security, data communications.
- Green Belt certified or familiar with Six Sigma quality concepts and tools.
- Project management experience.
- Network and antenna system design experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
- Broad knowledge operating systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Change control and document management.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GEs mission and deliver for our customers.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming;