IT Project Manager
CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) CLA Search has been retained by the National Council of Teachers of English to identify an IT Project Manager to serve their growing organization by ensuring the optimal usage of NCTE’s Association Management Software (AMS) and its integrity of data. This is a remote opportunity.
Does This Sound Like You?
Does your current role challenge to do your best work of your life AND to leave lasting, transformational impact on others around you every day? Do you feel a strong sense of togetherness with your team and a commitment to a greater purpose?
If you are you a mission-driven, creative IT leader who believes you can leave a lasting impression on the world through what you do every day, we’d like to talk to you!
About our Client:
For more than 100 years, NCTE has worked with its members to offer journals, publications, and resources; to further the voice and expertise of educators as advocates for their students at the local and federal levels; and to share lesson ideas, research, and teaching strategies through its Annual Convention and other professional learning events. The National Council of Teachers of English is devoted to improving the teaching and learning of English and the language arts at all levels of education. This mission statement was adopted in 1990: “The Council promotes the development of literacy, the use of language to construct personal and public worlds and to achieve full participation in society, through the learning and teaching of English and the related arts and sciences of language.”
To learn more, click here: www2.ncte.org/.
What You’ll Do:
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the optimal usage of NCTE’s Association Management Software (AMS) and its integrity of data. This role focuses on maximizing the features and benefits of the systems to meet the needs of the organization. This role is the subject matter expert for AMS business rules, must clearly understand the data architecture and be able to work on daily activities and long-term projects simultaneously. Serve as the “go to” resource for internal users and work directly with internal stakeholders to understand the requirements/issues, select the best solution, configure the systems, and promote adoption and document solutions. The IT Project Manager will also be responsible for information technology operations and vendor management. The IT Project Manager will protect customer data, ensure PCI compliance, oversee audit, advocate, and manage data processes that minimize and manage risk to provide the highest degree of protection. Other key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the official record of NCTE members, customers, and prospects. Serving as an authority on the NCTE business rules governing the database
- Overseeing and managing 3rd party vendor relationship and ensuring service level agreements are upheld
- Developing and maintaining operating procedures and best practices to execute business processes, research, and reporting from the database including: member reports, new-member welcome, renewals, acquisition marketing, and integration with other source data (i.e. email and social media), list management, label runs, record updates, postal regulation compliance and record suppression
- Actively engaging with stakeholders to improve business processes. When necessary providing alternative ideas
- Managing and maintaining the change control process, efficiently roll out new features. Creating and maintaining fields and views, as necessary. Managing and maintaining security, including sharing rules and security levels
- Designing, creating, and maintaining user roles, profiles, and hierarchies (security profiles)
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs) to include renewal processes, lists, rentals, etc.
- Understanding and clearly documenting the various data/systems integrated with AMS
- Monitoring and making suggestions to improve data quality; establish processes to identify “bad data.”
- Providing ongoing training/learning sessions for business users to increase adoption and utilization
- Managing and coordinating the vendor relationships that support the technology infrastructure and environment for the organization, ensuring they meet service level agreements
- Assessing the full technology environment and organizational needs, and in partnership with the Office of the Executive Director, designing a technology function and team that efficiently and effectively meets the organization’s needs
- Understanding the strategic direction of NCTE’s business units, and identifying and planning technology initiatives to help achieve the organization’s strategic goals
- Helping the management team anticipate business needs by collecting, analyzing, documenting, and communicating business needs and technology requirements. Advising management on the risks and benefits of using various technologies to improve business performance. Identifying and recommending appropriate products and services to implement the IT strategic plan
- Performing risk assessments, requirements planning and management, and developing business requirements documents
- Creating annual operational and capex budgets for IT projects and activities
- Partnering with lead business and vendor staff to implement technology solutions that meet business needs and direct the analysis and resolution of problems. Performing contract research and negotiate vendor contracts, product selection, and pricing
- Working with management to obtain and schedule resource availability for requirements analysis exercises and IT projects. Managing the integration of vendor tasks; track and review vendor deliverables
- Following an established change management methodology
- Participating in the creation of IT related processes, policies, and procedures
- Partnering with business unit leaders and vendor staff to deliver effective training to end users, including being the primary onboarding resource to new staff regarding IT. Facilitate the timely resolution of end-user IT issues
- Maintaining ongoing responsibility for all IT systems. Developing strategies and solutions to provide for the overall security of IT systems and networks
- Maintaining proactive and ongoing communication with internal users on technology improvements and issues
- Maintaining the repository of available software and essential internal staff tools
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant renewal/marketing experience (membership, publishing, or other)
- 3 to 5 years of CRM administration experience; 3 to 5 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Aptify required. Knowledge of Intact, Bill.com, Expensify, Egencia, or similar systems a plus
- General knowledge on system/software engineering, quality aspects and application usability
- Detail oriented and motivated, with strong written and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Professional attitude, and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Excellent technical skills including SQL queries and Excel
- Passion for the work of NCTE
- Minimal supervision
he project portfolio