Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyber attacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
As the Senior Software Development Engineer in Test ( SDET ), you will be focused on designing and developing automated test modules for the Contrast Vulnerability and Threat Intelligence Platform that will be integrated as part of our build and deploy pipeline. You will be an embedded member of our agile development team tasked with the unique opportunity to advance our runtime and pre-compile code analysis capabilities. This includes providing enhanced techniques to improve the accuracy, findings and reporting of code analysis. It also includes driving and leading the next generation of product and offerings to make the Contrast platform the choice for code analysis tools among developers and security professionals. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience writing repeatable, reliable and component-based automated testing modules, works comfortably in an automation test framework, has excellent attention to detail, as well as strong analytic and communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Desire to be an SDET polyglot.
- Collaborating with agile development teams and product managers to define feature acceptance.
- Develop purposely vulnerable and non-vulnerable web applications and services in .Net
- Work with the most technically challenging components to create automated testing scenarios.
- Data modeling and user interaction modeling for the purpose of automated simulation and use of the Contrast platform and tooling.
- Write functional automated tests as part of our CI build-pipeline for acceptance of user facing features and tools.
- Contribute to our synthetic test infrastructure run against our production SaaS systems for real-time awareness of product uptime and functional stability.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences.
- Contribute to developing performance testing infrastructure
- Drive organization-wide adoption of automated testing frameworks
- Evaluate new products (commercial and open source) that will improve the Contrast's overall posture around product quality.
- Strong .NET Framework experience, ideally with .NET Core 2.0 and exposure to 3.X
- Experience with test/quality automation frameworks such as Module Based Testing Framework, Data Driven Testing Framework and/or Behavior Driven Development Framework.
- You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- 4-6+ years experience of industry experience as a software engineer and/or software engineer in test.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- Ability to construct test cases and get them prioritized based on changes.
- Strong time management skills and a strong bias towards action via self-direction.
- Experience working with software developers in a rapidly-changing environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
- A fun and dynamic environment where you work with other like minded people on products which make a real difference to the security of our customers
- In-office lunches
- Private health care
- Pension contributions
- Flexible time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us! We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it. Solve the impossible. Easy is boring. If you’re looking for a fun, fast-paced challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security!