Talent Product Manager
At AngelList, we fundamentally believe in startups.
We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money (angel.co), build teams (alist.co & angel.co/talent), and launch their products (producthunt.com).
The Talent Team is a small group focused on fundamentally improving how startups form and grow their teams. We work with startups and candidates to build the best team-building and job-seeking experiences possible. We also do this at scale — AngelList Talent is the world’s foremost startup jobs marketplace.
We have an entrepreneurial product culture where cross-functional product teams define and ship products together. Product teams are small and built on mutual respect, high trust, and low management.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to either build out a new product team or join an existing one. You’ll work with a strong, entrepreneurial, and product focused group of engineers and designers. This is AngelList’s first external product manager hire, so you’ll have the opportunity to shape what product looks like at AngelList.
* Work with your team and leadership to set product strategy
* Speed up decision making for your team by ensuring projects start with the right data, research, and analysis
* Translate research and ambiguous ideas into tightly scoped, actionable plans
* Talk to users to reveal their core problems and needs and translate these into product
* Write SQL to dig into data to identify new opportunities and analyze existing products.
* Do whatever it takes to make your team and product successful. You’ll never say, “That’s not my job.”
* 5+ years experience building and shipping web applications as a designer, engineer, or product manager.
* 2+ years experience shipping complex SaaS or marketplace products in startup environments as a product manager.
* Deep intuition and passion for product
* The ability to formulate a long-term business strategy and the short-term steps to achieve it.
* Excellent data analysis and SQL skills.
* Empathy for users and a desire to talk to them about their problems.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* The ability to manage uncertainty and ambiguity well. You can make decisive calls without enough information.
* Entrepreneurship or small startup experience.