Senior People Operations Generalist
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
At Doist, our people are everything. They enable us to put our mission into action, continuously improve our products, and connect with our users. It’s no small task, but our team rises to the challenge in incredible ways. At Doist, People Operations is a developing function purposed with supporting our distributed team while actively helping shape how we make remote work “work.” As a People Operations Generalist you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Manage our recruitment and hiring efforts to attract excellent candidates, create a positive candidate experience, and grow our team
- Develop, execute, and maintain the operations and initiatives that take place along the entire employee life-cycle
- Identify opportunities to invest in the well-being, productivity, and engagement of our team
To thrive as a People Operations Generalist at Doist, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in an HR or People Operations role.
- Demonstrated experience with scaling HR operations and change management of a company transitioning from a small to mid-sized company.
- The ability to balance a variety of internally- and externally-facing tasks.
- The ability to make informed decisions by synthesizing information from a variety of people and sources.
- A strong foundation of research-based knowledge in recruitment, organization development, training & development, and leadership.
- An awareness of current HR trends, perspectives, and practices.
- A desire to listen to and understand the needs of others.
- A desire to protect our company values and see them reflected in every decision and practice.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation. 40 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.).
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!