Product Designer at AngelList
Our mission is to bring world-changing teams together.
Today, AngelList Talent is the world’s largest network of startup talent. Over 100,000 startups of all sizes—from Flexport, to Figma, to Facebook—have used AngelList Talent to build their teams. In 2018, over two million candidates—from CTOs to interns—used our tools to apply for jobs, while millions more used them to research their next move.
AngelList Talent operates independently alongside AngelList Venture and Product Hunt. Each company within the AngelList family is focused on addressing a challenge to startup success: building the right team, connecting with the right investors, or launching your next product.
Behind the scenes, AngelList Talent is a tight-knit group of designers, engineers, and PMs. Together, we’re building a new generation of tools to help individuals discover startups they believe in and to support those startups through every step of building their teams. We are supported by the best Sales, Operations, and Marketing teams around.
At AngelList Talent, we look for designers from every background, discipline, and geography. Diversity in skills and life experience make our team stronger and give us the tools to understand our diverse user base.
How you’ll work
At AngelList Talent you’ll ship fast, but you’ll ship to learn. You’ll research every project, scoping tightly first around your riskiest assumptions. You’ll build prototypes to test these assumptions. You’ll ship production features as quickly as you can—we won’t know how users will really react until you do. Once you’ve learned what works, you’ll invest time in making the product as strong as it can be.
As a designer you will drive this process—from ideation and planning to development and launch. You will work directly with product and engineering to deliver simple and thoughtful experiences to our users.
Specifically you wIll:
• Work on product problems from initial definition through to shipping, and track impact after launch
• Work within cross-functional teams (Design, Engineering, Ops, Sales) to tackle product problems
• Write and collaborate on project briefs and scope
• Craft rational, elegant, and delightful solutions to complex problems
• Build wireframes and early-stage prototypes to test your assumptions
• Communicate design work clearly, with rationale grounded in research and data
• Collaborate deeply with Engineers and PMs
• Undertake qualitative research, identifying needs and pain points, to inform feature development
• Contribute to “Halo,” our nascent design system
• Work with the rest of the Design Team to ensure cohesion across all our products
• Inspire the entire team by bringing new ideas to the table
What we look for
Our designers come from a range of backgrounds, but we all share a desire to put the humanity back into finding a job on the internet. Our current team includes people who were artists, architects, engineers, and journalists, drawn from around the globe.
If you’re interested in joining us, but don’t tick every box below, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a team of product-minded designers whose skills balance and complement one another. We’re happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
• 3-5 years experience designing digital products and systems
• Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc.)
• Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
• Comfort in delivering and receiving regular peer feedback
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong command of contemporary design tools, particularly Sketch, Abstract, and InVision
• The maturity to know when just using a whiteboard or paper is the better choice than any of these tools
• The ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity well. You can make clear decisions without enough information
• Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
• Attention to detail and an eye for great user experiences
• Idealism mixed with pragmatism
Perks and benefits
• Employee equity plan
• Eat for free while you’re at work
• Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective
• Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to
• Unlimited vacation
• Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans
• Between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave
• Generous fitness and commuter packages
• Annual company offsite
• Bi-annual Design Team offsite
• Dog-friendly workplace