We are looking for a *REMOTE* dynamic and self-motivated individual to provide account and project management support on key client projects. Responsibilities will range from the development and ownership of detailed project plans and day-to-day client communication to managing project budgets, understanding client needs and executing on relevant strategies. As the key point of contact for both the client and the project team, the Account Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of a client engagement.
As a small team, it is critical that you have experience juggling many responsibilities while maintaining a calm and positive 'can-do' attitude at all times. You must be resourceful, solutions-oriented, have a high attention to detail, and possess strong communication skills. This contractor position is remote, so we are looking for a self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative with limited direction at times, while maintaining an unwavering commitment to the bigger picture and the purpose behind the task at hand.
Please note that while the sample responsibilities listed below are indicative of the day-to-day activities, it is hard to predict how the role will evolve overtime given the unpredictability of the client pipeline and business needs.
- Manage and take ownership of the overall project plan, timeline, and key milestones
- Manage and oversee project and/or project budgets
- Own day-to-day client communication, including weekly check-in calls, as well as the resulting deliverables and tasks
- Coordinate with broader Purpose Generation team and client stakeholders to ensure everyone is delivering against the project plan on time and on budget
- Work closely with founders to develop and execute against strategy
- Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients and team members on a regular basis
- Manage project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project
- Input and manage all tasks and deliverables in project management system (Asana)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree and at least 3-5+ years of experience in interactive project management
- Specific experience with Fortune 500 clients in marketing communications, branding or business analysis preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in large scale corporate event planning or marketing. program management with a strong focus on events.
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience in client-facing account management role.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Understanding of business and functional requirements
- Ability to think creatively and be resourceful.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and last minute changes.
- Solutions-oriented and a team player.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Keynote
- Bonus: familiar with Asana, Slack, or other equivalent project management tools.