Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. The content manager at Performance First Marketing manages content creation for the company website ensuring content on the site stays up to date and relevant. As our content manager, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
Duties of a Content Manager
- Overseeing content creation activities for our site and our clients.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading content
- Managing the content team
- Overseeing a web content system that aligns with the company's broader goals and ensures we provide our content to the clients on time.
- Creation of a content marketing calendar for each client to ensure regularly deliverable content
- Educating the writing team and other staff on how to write well-written, keyword optimized content
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor websites.
- Assisting the sales team in optimizing keywords and content
- Tracking and recording daily content
- Hiring new writers
- Collecting and approving biweekly invoices
- Creating new systems to best and most effectively adjust to the growth within the company
- Training the writing team on how to use the content management system
- Teaching new writers as they are brought on
- Actively communicating with the writing team to coordinate assignments and correct errors
- Managing the distribution of content across our clients
- Report on the company’s content finances and expenses
- Experience editing law-related content
- Bachelors Degree: preferably English, Journalism, or Marketing Degree
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English.
- Creatively minded with an ability to adjust plans and resolve issues quickly
- Previous experience working as a content manager or copywriter
- Comfortable communicating over the phone, through email, and in person with writers, admin, and other staff
- Familiarity with WordPress, SEO, Google Docs, and Asana
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Capable of operating independently for extended periods of time
If you’re interested in becoming a part of our team, please submit your resume for review. If we believe you’d be a good fit, our team will contact you to set up a time for a phone interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,000.00 to $3,500.00 /month
- Legal Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote