Director of Brand Marketing & Communications
The Director works across the Marketing team and with broader functions to assess the strategic marketer or communications opportunity and to prepare, execute, and measure strategic communications programs, tailored to employee, client, prospect, and broader audience segments.
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing & Communications, this Director oversees (1) PR Manager as well as a co-hort of in-house and contracted copywriting and creative resources, ensuring that workflows are optimized, brand standards are adhered to, and that all creative deliverables advance StayWell’s reputation and visibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brand strategy and activation – Stewards StayWell’s brand strategy and architecture by building and maintaining a living inventory of brand identity standards, templates, and messaging frameworks for key audiences. Engages with product and segment marketers to ensure any product or solutions names, align with corporate brand strategy and naming conventions. Defines and oversees implementation of the brand strategy via trainings, data driven content, partnerships, and proactive public relations.
Internal communications – Partner with leadership to scope, schedule, and execute quarterly employee town hall meetings. Deliver strategic counsel for ad hoc communication opportunities that require strategic framing (value proposition, guiding principles, messaging hierarchy, audience insights).
Client communications – Partner with operations, delivery and other functions to sustain a consistent cadence of relevant, targeted communications platforms to educate and engage clients. Continued assessment of the communication channels and segmentation to identify opportunities to improve the media and reach.
Media relations – Elevating StayWell’s presence in targeted business-to-business and healthcare trade publications and media outlets.
Marketing Processes – Hold weekly traffic calls to optimize creative workflow and develop documented processes, guidelines, and quality standards needed to execute and scale the production of world-class content and campaigns.
Measurement – Develops reports on metrics to be shared with management and other stakeholders regarding brand health, impressions, and lead generation.
Talent Management - Support staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Complete other administrative tasks, such as T&E reporting or similar, in a timely manner.
Perform responsibilities in a professional manner, meeting StayWell’s mission, values, and goals.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four (4) year college or university and ten (10) or more years related experience and/or training in marketing, advertising, creative services or combinations of these functions; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
- Proven-ability to create insight-driven creative briefs and project plans that align internal and agency resources, to deliver compelling creative marketing, on-strategy, on-time, and on-budget.
- Experience in leading and growing a team with high-performing creative talent.
- Expertise developing and scaling effective B2B and B2E communication channels.
- Comfort working with geographically distributed teams. Experience with Zoom, Skype, Slack and other platforms is preferred.
- Existing relationships with a healthcare, employee well-being and business media outlets and associations, preferred.
- Exceptional communication, writing, and editing skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally (~20%)
We are an EEO employer.