Social Media Community Manager
The Social Media Community Manager is a key member of our social media team that is primarily responsible for social media content creation, community management and reporting for multiple social media clients. Additionally, this role assists in business development efforts such as research, audits and crafting strategies for potential clients.
Our social department is well-versed in a range of industries and topics, and is well connected with the broader social media world. The social media community manager must be able to think strategically and work to effectively implement social media programs for agency clients. The social media community manager must be a storyteller, a tribe builder, and someone who knows how to connect with people in a genuine way. Our social media community manager fosters communities in the digital space, and can understand and report a campaign’s success in a digital atmosphere.
The social media community manager also serves as an internal social media advocate and educator, and works to grow agency staff participation in and understanding of social media as not only an agency self-promotion and engagement tool, but also a part of every client relationship.
The social media community manager should have or be willing to acquire experience in as many of the following areas as possible: social media tools and techniques, paid strategies, traditional, new media, guerrilla and “word of mouth” marketing, SEO, product marketing, technology, sales and project management. Good social coordinators are driven to create and run a voice for client social media pages and blogs, and a listening ear for clients’ customers and industry trends.
This team member must have excellent verbal and writing skills, the ability to manage multiple project deadlines and priorities, a knack for research and a fun/witty writing personality style that makes for engaging and truly social content and community.
Reports to the Social Media Manager.
- Assists in creating comprehensive content strategy marketing plans, and defining programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all client brands.
- Posting, interacting and reaching out to target audiences on each client’s social media platforms.
- Participating in online conversations, personifying the client in a positive, helpful light by listening to users, being sensitive to hot button topics and issues, and providing a solution whenever possible.
- Proactively curating and cultivating content for clients across each social media platform, including researching related topics and current events/conversation pieces to create content for key user audiences to maintain a positive, relevant client presence.
- Assists in conceptualizing, implementing and measuring the success of social media promotions such as contests, giveaways, etc.
- Making recommendations on paid strategies that complement organic efforts.
- Works with Social Media Manager and Media Director to manage, test and optimize social media advertising campaigns.
- Utilizes knowledge of SEO to enhance overall content strategy marketing efforts.
- Experiments with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
- Analyzes engagement and traffic-related data to create monthly reporting based on each client’s social media KPIs.
1 – 3 years of professional social media experience working either within agency, corporate marketing department or as independent freelancer. Four-year degree required in marketing, advertising, PR or similar. Should have experience in social media tools and techniques including traditional and new media marketing. We are a culture-first agency, so you must be a team player and ready to be part of a growing team in a fast-paced environment. Our social media team is resourceful, creative-minded, and presents themselves professionally.
Located in our Lake Mary, Florida corporate headquarters, just north of Orlando, this is a full-time salaried position with a strong benefit, PTO and ongoing education/training/support package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.evok advertising expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of evok’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
evok advertising provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, evok advertising complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.