OBXtek is seeking a forward-thinking senior cloud development architect/engineer to join our team in support of our GSA Enterprise Operations contract.
The successful candidate will act as the lead contract developer and play a critical role in establishing a reliable, efficient, and secure IaaS solution in support of GSA s mission. The lead developer will work closely with our GSA customer to architect solutions, design and implement an IaaS management solution, and manage SAIC development staff tasks.
The candidate will work in an Agile/DevOps environment and will have an in-depth understanding with demonstrable experience developing cloud solutions specifically within AWS. These solutions include but are not limited to automation of AWS IAM account management, automated VPC provisioning, integration of hybrid cloud services, and integration of AWS services with ServiceNow.
- Lead architectural discussions utilizing previous experience and industry best practices to develop cloud services for GSA tenant environments.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud services using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and DevSecOps.
- Develops automation scripts/code for efficient deployment and operations of cloud services.
- Develop code to expand selectable tenant cloud services to include DNS, IDMS, custom AMIs, security tools, etc.
- Maintains technical expertise, relevant industry standards, and best practices in cloud computing
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis, and Engineering.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into infrastructure and software specifications.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- 10 years of IT experience, BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- 5 years of focused cloud development programming/scripting experience.
- Demonstrable mastery of Golang and concurrency patterns.
- Specific experience with coding/scripting using Terraform and AWS CLI/SDK.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc.).
- Experience utilizing Github for management of code and services.
- Experience managing AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Experience integrating cloud services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, and administration
- General administration experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead architectural and development discussions.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification desired (Professional strongly preferred).
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required
- Able to obtain (and maintain) GEO Public Trust designation as a condition of employment.
- Able to travel up to 5 percent
- Position is remote/telecommute based, 95 percent
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Experience with CircleCI.
- Experience using Trello and or Jira for Agile project management.
- Experience with administering or developing within the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with VMware vSphere and/or vRealize Automation.
- Experience utilizing Docker container services.
- Experience with AWS GovCloud desired, C2S strongly preferred.
- Experience developing workflow integration between cloud platforms and ServiceNow.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.- provided by Dice