Sales (SDR or BDR)
Business Development Representative (USA only but remote work is ok)
Verikai is helping insurance companies to underwrite with greater precision and speed through the use of alternative data and machine learning. At Verikai, we have built a database of 250 million people with over 4,000 attributes per person focused on behavior. With this data, we've been able to create unique scores that provide additional insight and lift to underwriters and actuaries. Our data helps insurance companies to grow and provides consumers and small businesses with greater access to critical financial products. Verikai is helping the industry to embrace the future.
We are a fast-growing and well-funded company with over 15 customers within insurance. We have strong revenue traction, product-market fit, and are looking for the right person to support our sales team in the health insurance space. We recently launched a new set of scores for the self-funded health insurance market, which will help more businesses to find the right insurance products. As a member of the Verikai sales team, you will play an impactful role in growing our customer-base and representing our brand. You will often be the first point of contact with prospective customers, and also responsible for outbound prospecting into potential customers.
This is a unique opportunity for a junior individual to grow quickly. We are looking for an experienced SDR who can hit the ground running and help support the sales staff with new leads but also begin to close deals on his or her own. You will be the first person in this role and will learn the product and market from the inside-out and will drive our upper funnel from the ground up. We're looking for a candidate with at least one to two years of experience with inside sales or supporting an enterprise sales team in technology, data, artificial intelligence, or insurance. The candidate is interested in generating leads for the sales team, setting up processes, and is interested in becoming an enterprise sales executive in time. However, there will be plenty of opportunities to build your own book of business in the small business space with brokers. Your target audience will be executives, underwriters, actuaries and brokers. You will need to be efficient, curious, effective and fearless. Underwriting is an incredibly nuanced and serious function within insurance. You'll need IQ and EQ to make this work. The position will report to the head of sales. This is a perfect role for someone who is looking to transition from inside to outside sales.
● Articulate Verikai's business value, assess use case, and qualify buying interest
● Through outbound prospecting campaigns generate sales leads and set up sales meetings
● Research target accounts, identify decision-makers and generate interest
● Conduct high-level conversations throughout an organization, including with Senior Executives
● Create and manage the emails and call scripts and utilize multiple outbound tactics to generate new leads
● Familiar with CRM systems, organized, and detail-oriented
● Learn and provide the demo for brokers
● Close deals with SMB brokers
● Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
Skills and Qualifications
● 1-2 years in inside sales or sales development in technology
● Strong preference for technology, data, financial services and insurance background
● Strong track record of making quota
● Strong teamwork and communication required.
● Highly organized, professional, and mature
● Entrepreneurial and knows how to succeed in a start-up
● People like you and people respect you
● You are competitive but open to feedback
● You are confident but not entitled
● You know how to put people at ease but you also have the substance to go deep
● If you have an interest in the role, please apply through linked in. Someone will review your CV and if it's a good fit, we'll send you a quick homework assignment. It's not intended to take up more than an hour or two of your time.