Senior Security Analyst
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group currently has an opening for a Senior Security Analyst . This role is remote from your home office within the United States. This role will support the Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) contract.
The selected candidate be part of a team providing Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) technical support services that accommodate VA's scope, size and complexity, including enterprise architecture, emerging technologies, networks, mobile, in specialized areas like healthcare, specialized medical devices, cybersecurity, IT Modernization, and large scale architecture. We are seeking specialized technical and security expertise of new technologies that VA is introducing, including merging of Electronic Health Records (EHR), cloud computing, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), specialized networks (i.e., software and security perimeter and defined networks) Internet of Things (IoT), analytic ecosystems, and medical devices. The Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions.
The Security Analyst, Sr., will effectively leverage detailed knowledge and familiarity with security discipline with a strong focus on conforming to an Enterprise level architectural framework. The Security Analyst, Sr., should have thorough knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy and regulations and be able to pinpoint risks in security systems and work with technical experts to remediate security issues. The Security Analyst, Sr., will identify key concepts, factors and risks, based on various methods of research and customer interactions, and will document these in clear and concise narrative or graphical representations. This is a remote position that can be performed anywhere in the U.S.
- Support implementation of information security engineering from establishing stakeholder security requirements, design, implementation, and validation to sustainment. Support planning and coordination of test plans, remediation and mitigation strategies.
- Assist in planning and strategies for incident management, cybersecurity vulnerability assessment, continuous monitoring, configuration management, change management, risk assessments, system impact assessments, identity and access management (IAM).
- Support development of Enterprise Security Architecture artifacts based on the ESA Roadmap.
- Develop, review, and assess system level architectures for security flaws or gaps.
- Support adoption of the ESA roadmap by crafting standards, guidelines, and design patterns that follow the ESA mission and various security frameworks (e.g., CSF, CGS, SABSA).
- Interface with key stakeholders within the various product and Security teams
- Review existing system-specific Security Assessment Plan (SAP), Risk Assessment Report (RAR), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), System Security Plans (SSP), Application Security and Development Checklists, and other artifacts supporting DoD and VA software and system assessment and authorization.
- BS degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- VA or other Federal Government experience required.
- Expert-level knowledge of FISMA, NIST RMF, and NIST SP 800-series publications.
- Exposure to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and related terminology as it relates to Information Security/Information Assurance.
- Significant experience with applying specific Security and Enterprise Architecture frameworks, standards, and best practices to design and build a Security Architecture
- Firm understanding of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts, platforms, and tools.
- Experience with Certification and Accreditation (C&A)/ Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A), Information Security Systems Risk Assessment, and IT Risk Management processes and practices.
- Familiarity with NSA Community Gold Standard
- Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with the ability to obtain a Public Trust. This is a customer requirement.
- Candidate must pass a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past 7 years to obtain a VA High/BI Public Trust clearance.
- Familiar with creating security diagram overlays and updates, determining security requirements, and security mitigation implementation
- Vulnerability and Patch Management: Experienced in Asset Management, Vulnerability Scanning (Tenable Nessus, Hailstorm, AppDetective), Vulnerability Remediation (BigFix, SCCM), Secure Configurations support (i.e. DISA STIGS), and Security Advisory notifications
- Familiarity with VA operating environments is a plus
- Knowledge of and analytical skill in researching relevant Federal Government and VA Laws, Regulations, Policies, and Directives (LRPDs) in support of building an Enterprise Security Architecture
- Familiar with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Continuous Diagnostics and Monitoring/Mitigation tools.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice