Marketing Cloud Architect
About RelationEdge, a Rackspace Company
As a Platinum Salesforce Implementation Partner, RelationEdge is focused on implementing technology solutions that are simple to use and provide powerful information that drives our clients’ business. Our methodology is based on business process engineering and optimization, employing a Process First, Technology Second® approach to solving business problems. RelationEdge’s passion for helping clients better market, sell, and service their customers is essential and what has distinguished us from competitors.
The Marketing Cloud Solutions Architect who will directly contribute to RelationEdge’s growing suite of marketing services, focusing on our Marketing Cloud practice. The Marketing Cloud Solutions Architect will design and deliver Salesforce Marketing Cloud solutions involving implementation, customization, integration, and managed services.
- Design customized solutions and execute the solution by leveraging SFDC, Pardot, Social Studio, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and other toolsets
- Demonstrate understanding of business drivers and how they influence the design
- Assist in defining required features and mapping Marketing Cloud features to the client business processes
- Demonstrate how the Salesforce CRM and Marketing solutions work together as a single solution
- Serve as a subject matter expert in SFMC technology including SSJS, HTML, CSS, AMPscript, and SQL
- Establish and build a rapport with clients throughout the project lifecycle to identify areas of future business
- Tactfully work with clients to address out of scope requests and use client account manager to re-align expectations or seek additional scope/budget
- Mentor junior team members in Marketing Cloud technology, Integration Technologies, and Salesforce best practices
- Support pre-sales activities inclusive of participating in sales calls and proposal development as needed
- Map and load data into Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Design and develop relational data through Data Extensions
- Hands-on development for dynamic content projects related to email
- Leverage Salesforce Marketing Cloud tools and scripting language to deliver highly dynamic and personalized content
- Design, and develop advanced customizations utilizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Conduct solutions testing and validation as well as code review for junior resources
- Collaborate with the project team and client to understand and create key marketing campaigns and solutions
- Provide technical expertise on Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform to client and their marketing team members
- Provide general marketing best practices and expertise to the clients
- Participate in the creation and documentation of end user requirements of new and/or existing customer application implementation projects
- Create and maintain system-related documentation, such as business requirements, process flows, data maps, configuration worksheets, etc.
- Train clients on Salesforce Marketing Cloud in relation to their business processes and best practices
Required Skills & Experience
- First and foremost, a passion for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and helping businesses succeed is a must!
- Proven track record in the development and execution of custom Salesforce Marketing Cloud solutions
- Prior experience within a consulting environment is a must
- Knowledge of business drivers and a demonstrated understanding of how they influence the design
- Knowledge of the following languages: SSJS, HTML, CSS, AMPscript, SQL and FUEL
- Experience designing solutions with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and leveraging APIs and ETL tools
- Experience designing and developing relational data through Data Extensions and ability to map and load data into Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience conducting solutions testing and validation as well as code review for junior resources
- Experience supporting pre-sales activities (i.e. sales calls and proposal development) and the creation and maintenance of system-related documentation, such as business requirements, process flows, data maps, configuration worksheets, etc.
- Prior experience working with a delivery team to understand and create key marketing campaigns and solutions
- Teacher mentality as this person will be training clients as well as junior resources on Salesforce Marketing Cloud in relation to their business processes and best practices
- Ability to balance multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously, manage your time, and make judgments that are in the best interest of our clients and RelationEdge
- Lead fellow engineers and monitor the delivery in a cross-functional nature
- Experience with partner applications from the AppExchange
- Active Salesforce certifications are required
- Work with the Service Delivery Leadership Team and fellow technical architects to continuously improve and expand the RelationEdge solution set
- Must be able to perform the basic functions of the job
- Candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.